2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

More ESPN Power Ranking fun.  Still have the Cards ranked ahead of the Reds (Cincy is 25th).  But, my favorite part of this week's ranking is the intro to the St. Louis write-up.  A 3-7 record in the last 10 is 'righting the ship'?   

image.png.551fd27333db2857d294772ebde1c4b3.png

image.png.9da222016c76d4aa7c3ba4b0e9563057.png

So they go a whole week without a win and stay #21, then after "righting the ship" they drop two spots? 

• Haha 1

Baseball man. Sometimes you just have to love it.

Anyway. Long story short. My good friend nephew's son was born with a heart problem. His Make a Wish was granted 5 years ago and all he wanted to do was meet Anthony Rizzo. Scheduling, Covid, and Cubs to Yankees caused delays....anyway his family is in NYC for 4 games this weekend compliments of Yankees and Rizzo.

Pregame they were talking and stuff. The kid said I've watched you play 6 times and you hit homers in all 6 games. Rizzo joked and said well we'll see if we can keep that going. First inning tonight. Rizzo homered.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

OPS+ for RF.  Remember when you were younger and Sesame Street would give you a list of things and ask you which did not belong?  Something like Dog, Cat, Tree, Horse?  

Well, I offer you a baseball version of that game.  I'll title it 'Quality MLB Right Fielders'.  Now, pick the one that does not belong.

• A. Judge
  • M. Betts
  • R. Acuna
  • W. Myers
  • F. Tatis
  • N. Castellanos

image.png.03ed1f5792eb27d13fd0310cb496daeb.png

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

OPS+ for RF.  Remember when you were younger and Sesame Street would give you a list of things and ask you which did not belong?  Something like Dog, Cat, Tree, Horse?  

Well, I offer you a baseball version of that game.  I'll title it 'Quality MLB Right Fielders'.  Now, pick the one that does not belong.

• A. Judge
  • M. Betts
  • R. Acuna
  • W. Myers
  • F. Tatis
  • N. Castellanos

image.png.03ed1f5792eb27d13fd0310cb496daeb.png

Wil Myers with a stellar performance last night.  Great addition for the Reds.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I'm really surprised that Schwarber has not been a higher average hitter in the Majors.  Coming out of IU, I expected him to be a .270-.290 who hit 30-40 HRs a season.  I don't think plate discipline is a problem.  If anything, he may take too many pitches.  Selling out too much for the HR when he could be an elite Doubles guy?  Maybe.  

Regardless of the reason, the low average will always take away from his status as a player to some degree.  There's no HOF in the future for someone that hits .220.  

41 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm really surprised that Schwarber has not been a higher average hitter in the Majors.  Coming out of IU, I expected him to be a .270-.290 who hit 30-40 HRs a season.  I don't think plate discipline is a problem.  If anything, he may take too many pitches.  Selling out too much for the HR when he could be an elite Doubles guy?  Maybe.  

Regardless of the reason, the low average will always take away from his status as a player to some degree.  There's no HOF in the future for someone that hits .220.  

Schwarber is this generations Dave Kingman 

Reds have won 4 of 5 and playing pretty well of late. They are 18-21 and only are 4 games out of first place. The injury bug is hitting their put hing staff. Laddolo is going to be out around a month with calf injury. One of their bullpen pitchers was put on the DL after get a line drive hitting his ankle yesterday.

Thank goodness for the NL Central! After 40 games I've watched enough of the Cubs to know this is .500 at best operation and somehow we still have a chance.

Cubs have improved but still missing 1-2 difference makers in the lineup and of course bullpen help. Will be curious to see what we do some July. Cody Bellinger in a 1 year deal has made himself potentially one of the biggest trade deadline guys as it stands now. Left handed bat that can play multiple positions going into a probably high paying contract.....I could see the Cubs dealing him if they think their out.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thank goodness for the NL Central! After 40 games I've watched enough of the Cubs to know this is .500 at best operation and somehow we still have a chance.

Cubs have improved but still missing 1-2 difference makers in the lineup and of course bullpen help. Will be curious to see what we do some July. Cody Bellinger in a 1 year deal has made himself potentially one of the biggest trade deadline guys as it stands now. Left handed bat that can play multiple positions going into a probably high paying contract.....I could see the Cubs dealing him if they think their out.

27 runs in 2 days will sure fluff up the old ERA though... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

27 runs in 2 days will sure fluff up the old ERA though... 

About 10 days ago I was like ok. I'll forget (won't forgive you Ricketts) what's happened the last 3 seasons. Starting to see some hope,etc....and now the C on the helmet stands for the get healthy Crew which is what we are to other teams. 

Back in the remove Hoyer and Ross camp and just hire the entire Tampa operation.