2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yes. He busted his tail for the organization/fans. What happened at the end was organizational failure not a Contreras problem.

Loved Contreras. My initial thought was "screw him". He not only left on his own accord, but went to the turd funguses of STL. Im not sure what the cubs offered him vs the Cards. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Loved Contreras. My initial thought was "screw him". He not only left on his own accord, but went to the turd funguses of STL. Im not sure what the cubs offered him vs the Cards. 

There was a point in my life where that would be my reaction but what the Cubs did basically starting in 2019 moving forward all my angst is towards ownership and Jed. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I was honestly surprised at how many boos he got. Plenty of cheers but the boos seemed pretty audible. 

Pretty good mix. He's having a heckuva game too. My angst over the whole thing is Ricketts related not the player. Ricketts wanted to play Monopoly in Wrigleyville.....he did....but with $2Billion in cost overruns the organization just tanked for 2-3 years. Won't ever forget that BS.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Super random but the Tigers pitching coach is the older brother of one of my good friends from growing up. You a fan of him?

I had to look him up. The Tigers have been so bad the last few years I've kind of fallen out of the loop in regards to who's on the staff. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

The Cubs have scored the most runs in the division (169), and have given up the fewest (125)... Yet stand a game under .500 in 3rd place 🤔

28-3 I think was total  of at Oakland series. That skews some of the stats. Our bullpen management has resulted in at least 4 losses/blown saves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

28-3 I think was total  of at Oakland series. That skews some of the stats. Our bullpen management has resulted in at least 4 losses/blown saves.

I had to go look it up.  The Cubs only have 5 saves with only 9 save opportunities.  Both rank them dang near last in all of MLB.  Oakland is last in saves with 4.  Colorado is last in save opportunities with 8.

TBH, I really don't know how to interpret the info I just presented.  Texas stands at 21-13 with 6 saves in 11 opportunities.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Haven't watched that, so did they say when the Reds should bring some of those guys up.

Reds lose tonight 2-1, the scored 1 run the first and only had 1 base runner the rest of the game.

There was no discussion on the 'when'.  Just that they have a very bright future.  You should watch it.  Really good discussion.  

• Thanks 1

I assume tbe Twins are now regretting the trade for Tyler Mahle. He is going to have Tommy John hm surgery and will be out for a year. They traded 3 guys to the Reds including Steer who is doing well for the Reds and Encarscion-Strand one of our top prospects 

More ESPN Power Ranking fun.  Still have the Cards ranked ahead of the Reds (Cincy is 25th).  But, my favorite part of this week's ranking is the intro to the St. Louis write-up.  A 3-7 record in the last 10 is 'righting the ship'?   

image.png.551fd27333db2857d294772ebde1c4b3.png

image.png.9da222016c76d4aa7c3ba4b0e9563057.png

Edited by 5fouls

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

More ESPN Power Ranking fun.  Still have the Cards ranked ahead of the Reds (Cincy is 25th).  But, my favorite part of this week's ranking is the intro to the St. Louis write-up.  A 3-7 record in the last 10 is 'righting the ship'?   

image.png.551fd27333db2857d294772ebde1c4b3.png

image.png.9da222016c76d4aa7c3ba4b0e9563057.png

That means they gained 2 games on the Pirates in the last 10 games they are 1-9 and Brewers are 2-8