2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

OPS+ for LF as of today.  Used to be you would expect a corner outfielder to be a big bopper.  These stats show that may no longer be the case.  A few at the top living up to the reputation, but a lot of mediocrity below that.  The Reds, once again, with a below average score.  Yet, they have 3 guys killing the ball in AAA and don't seem to care enough to bring them up.

image.png.9e764b99d1bb1f218ad696430b900414.png

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

The NL Central was looking strong up until a week ago.  Not any longer.  Pirates have lost 6 in a row.  Brewers have lost 5 in a row.  Cards are 1-9 in last 10.  Cubs 4-6 in last 10.  Reds have gone 6-4 in last 10 and have gained at least 2 games on everyone in division.  The division is now 8 games below .500 after having the 2nd best divisional record after the AL East about a week ago.  

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The NL Central was looking strong up until a week ago.  Not any longer.  Pirates have lost 6 in a row.  Brewers have lost 5 in a row.  Cards are 1-9 in last 10.  Cubs 4-6 in last 10.  Reds have gone 6-4 in last 10 and have gained at least 2 games on everyone in division.  The division is now 8 games below .500 after having the 2nd best divisional record after the AL East about a week ago.  

When can we expect a St. Louis fire sale?  Contreras the 1st to go?

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I know I am biased but if the Reds would just call up their young guys I think they could be involved in a play-off chase.  84-78, or there abouts, could win the division.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

I know I am biased but if the Reds would just call up their young guys I think they could be involved in a play-off chase.  84-78, or there abouts, could win the division.

Agreed.  Reading the threads on Redzone where several regular posters are defending the Reds for leaving the young guys down in Louisville is making my head hurt.  It's insane that fans would rather watch the retreads like Ramos, Newman, Fairchild, etc. than McClain and Encarnacion-Strand. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Agreed.  Reading the threads on Redzone where several regular posters are defending the Reds for leaving the young guys down in Louisville is making my head hurt.  It's insane that fans would rather watch the retreads like Ramos, Newman, Fairchild, etc. than McClain and Encarnacion-Strand. 

LOL.  The Redszone is not immune from lunacy.

27 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Until they play the Yankees, then they look like world beaters!!  😒

I haven't really paid attention to all the teams record but reading your post it sounded like the Yankees were like 10-23. I looked they are still over .500 so you don't get any sympathy from me.

• Haha 1

OPS+ for CF as of today.  Bader and Grichuk are misleading as each just recently came back from injury and have limited at bats.  Their numbers should regress over the next month. For us Reds fans, unfortunately this will be as good as it gets.  And, even then, Friedl is barely in the top half of his position.

image.png.68ccaa0a7e4978fa4bcb1e4b304cb0e2.png

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cardinals at Cubs tonight. Lake Michigan must be ticked off again. Temps around 45-50 and winds blowing in. My question is this. If Cubs fans give Contreras a standing ovation for 1st AB will get a strike called for delay getting into box? 

do you think they will give him a standing o?

• Like 1