2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

29 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, cool story...

You do know that Spahn wasn't exactly a flame thrower... He pitched on guile... Kind of a left handed Greg Maddux of his day... He had one of the best quotes I've ever read about pitching...

"Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing."

That about sums it up...

As for Marichal, he, like many other pitchers, had arm issues later in his career...

Very few power pitchers dodge arm problems... Especially from overuse...

That is what I am saying that is causing injuries is pitchers trying to throw to hard and not how many pitches they throw.  If they learn how to pitch and not be taught to throw as hard as you can for as long as you can.  It appears that the Reds rookie Abbott knows how to pitch and is not just a thrower.

Yanks complete a 6 game road trip by going 3-3. Losing 2 of 3 to the Cardinals and winning 2 of 3 from the A's, including the perfect game by Domingo German. In yesterdays game against the Cards, Yankees Ace and All-Star pitcher Gerritt Cole was beaten by a former Yankee pitcher, Jordan Montgomery. Monty held the Yankees hitless thru 5 innings, losing 5-0. The Yanks start a big series tonight against the O's at Yankee Stadium.

Hoping the Yanks can get their team healthy soon.....

Go Yanks

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They might have the lead for a couple of hours if the Reds win tonight 

Hope so. Pulling for the Reds and Orioles down the stretch. Would love to see 2 teams who built from within make a run. 

PS...Reds need to go get Blake Snell. 

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope so. Pulling for the Reds and Orioles down the stretch. Would love to see 2 teams who built from within make a run. 

PS...Reds need to go get Blake Snell. 

I wouldn’t mind Snell if the Reds took on most of his contract in order to limit the prospect return. I don’t want them selling primary pieces for a rental. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

I've given up on watching Cubs game this season. They are too frustrating. 

What's sad is you look at most of the team stats and it should never the record should never be 7 under .500....that sits squarely on the manager. 

Of course in yesterday's game though we walk 8 guys while up 6th to the 29th worst hitting team in baseball. 

The roster we have has such a thin margin. One part can't be off for us to win because although the Cubs are the only NL Central team with a positive run differential...it's not like we can just score past our mistakes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

What's sad is you look at most of the team stats and it should never the record should never be 7 under .500....that sits squarely on the manager. 

Of course in yesterday's game though we walk 8 guys while up 6th to the 29th worst hitting team in baseball. 

The roster we have has such a thin margin. One part can't be off for us to win because although the Cubs are the only NL Central team with a positive run differential...it's not like we can just score past our mistakes. 

Yeah, I'm not sure Ross is the guy... 

Pretty funny that a lot of teams thought Bochy was washed up... He's proving them wrong in Arlington...

Wish the Cubs had him... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Thank you Cubs bullpen for blowing another big late lead to Milwaukee. At least it is going to extra innings but losing a 6-2 lead in the 8th doesn't help the Reds 

Asking the Cubs for help in a pennant race is like asking Elizabeth Taylor (through seance) about marital advice...

Though the Cubs did indeed pull it out...