2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

If you're trading one of your best 15 or so position players... I'm not sure you could convince me that it shouldn't be India. Right? 

India is not a plus anywhere.  

Marte seems like he's a Day 1 starter next year. 

Edited by btownqb

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If you're trading one of your best 15 or so position players... I'm not sure you could convince me that it shouldn't be India. Right? 

India would be a guy I would trade.  Problem is that he is one of the leaders of the squad.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

India would be a guy I would trade.  Problem is that he is one of the leaders of the squad.

I would think you'd want a guy to be under contract for the next 1.5 years that you trade for.  At least.  

Edited by btownqb

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He should be a trade candidate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I don't know that I consider him a major piece. We'll see.  He does seem like a winner.  

Anyone that’s a major prospect or a major contributor on the MLB roster should be retained until this offseason. I don’t want to see Krall deviate from his plan early to trade for a pitching when I think they can add one without doing that. They’ll also start getting guys back from injury as well over the next month or so. 

• Like 1

Mark Sheldon
@m_sheldon

Abbott has a 1.21 ERA through 5 big league starts. Here is the list of lowest ERA for Reds pitchers through first 5 career starts since 1912, when earned runs became an official stat in NL...

1.14  Tom Browning (1984-1985)
1.21 Andrew Abbott (2023)
1.36  Jim Konstanty (1944)
1.43  Wayne Simpson (1970)
1.47  Mel D. Queen (1967)
1.59  Jay Tibbs (1984)

11 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Anyone that’s a major prospect or a major contributor on the MLB roster should be retained until this offseason. I don’t want to see Krall deviate from his plan early to trade for a pitching when I think they can add one without doing that. They’ll also start getting guys back from injury as well over the next month or so. 

Yeah thats completely fine. As I said, he'd be the only one. 

1 minute ago, rico said:

Diaz recorded his 22nd straight save opportunity to start the season.  The club record for consecutive saves to start a season is 23 that was set by Rob Dibble in 1991.

Did that include saving Pinella from getting his arse whupped? 😉

8 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Yep and the deadline isn’t until August 1st so the Reds will have to role with what they’ve got for at least the next 3-4 weeks or so. 

They need to try to do something before the deadline. I know the sellers will wait until right at the deadline but if the Reds wait that long we could be out of it.

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They need to try to do something before the deadline. I know the sellers will wait until right at the deadline but if the Reds wait that long we could be out of it.

It takes 2 teams to make a deal. Maybe a team will make a deal a week or 2 early but that’s the earliest something is likely to happen.