2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Reds lose 7-6

Reds hit two solo homers in the 9th to cut it to 7-6 but couldn't get anything else.

This is the 5th game vs Atlanta this year and every game decided by 1 run

Atlanta's lineup has to be the best in baseball but Reds are right up there. Looks like Benson is the odd man out since Votto returned but did hit a pinch hit homer in the 9th.

6 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Man I love Waino and he’s been a stud for a long time and is a borderline HOFer but I think he needs to hang it up. Legit throwing batting practice today. 

We watched a bit here and there....did anyone bring up the strike zone today? Seems like the home plate ump was a tad inconsistent.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Chasing the smaller white ball around today and one of the guys said the Reds have 27 come from behind wins? That's really good/awesome.....but not something you want to press your luck on the rest of the year.

That’s true, they’ve been a resilient bunch, but you can’t rely on those outcomes all season. That being said, their offense is becoming a juggernaut since calling up ELDC and McLain. If they can remain competitive until they get their pitchers back from the IL, they can change the playoff landscape.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I just hope Reds management does not overreact and give up too much to acquire mediocre pitching.

I highly doubt any of their top tier prospects will be traded. I see them trying to target a SP or 2 and a left handed reliever if they can find one. 

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I just hope Reds management does not overreact and give up too much to acquire mediocre pitching.

Right now mediocre starting pitching would be an upgrade over what we have seen. I agree they don't need to trade guys like Encarscion-Strand or Marte to try to win now.

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Right now mediocre starting pitching would be an upgrade over what we have seen. I agree they don't need to trade guys like Encarscion-Strand or Marte to try to win now.

The Reds need to see what they can get for Senzel, Newman, Fairchild, Hopkins, Barrero, etc.

1 hour ago, rico said:

The Reds need to see what they can get for Senzel, Newman, Fairchild, Hopkins, Barrero, etc.

I would also like to add that I bet a lot of teams are looking at the Reds' current roster to see who they could pluck.  

2 hours ago, rico said:

They also have guys in AA and high A that are solid prospects but are blocked like Jose Torres, Ivan Johnson, and Tyler Callihan. Guys like this are some that I could see being used to land a starter. I don’t see the Reds moving Newman, Fairchild, or Hopkins. Senzel and Barrero I could see happening in the right deal. 

Some names I could see the Reds potentially targeting include Lance Lynn, Dylan Cease, Lucas Giolitto, Aroldis Chapman, Zack Grienke, Sonny Gray among a few others. I could also see them taking a flyer by signing Cueto to a minor league deal if he gets DFA’ed by the Marlins to see if he could regain his form from last year. 

• Like 1

Reds lose again 7-6

Reds had guys on 1st and 3rd and 1 out in the 9th but Newman hit into a DP to end the game. Reds are now 1-5 against the Braves but every game was decided by 1 run.

This series the Reds scored 23 runs and hit 9 home runs but could only win 1 game. It is obvious the need for a few starting pitchers a a couple of relievers. They brought up two guys today with both having ERA's over 5. Stoudt started today and went 3 innings. The other pit her Wynn made his major league debut today at the age of 30. He pitched 2.1 innings and gave up 1 run.

Edited by IU Scott

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds loses again 7-6

Reds had guys on 1st and 3rd and 1 out in the 9th but Newman hit into a DP to end the game. Reds are now 1-5 against the Braves but every game was decided by 1 run.

This series the Reds scored 23 runs and hit 9 home runs but could only win 1 game. It is obvious the need for a few starting pitchers a a couple of relievers. They brought up two guys today with both having ERA's over 5. Stoudt started today and went 3 innings. The other pit her Wynn made his major league debut today at the age of 30. He pitched 2.1 innings and gave up 1 run.

Stoudt is a reliever whose pitches play better in short spurts. Which is why he was good for 2 innings today. I’m starting to think the same thing for Ashcraft as well. The starting pitching is the problem. Although I think another lefty is needed in the pen I think they’ve got bullpen options internally that can help. As for the rotation that needs to get figured out and unfortunately I’m not sure it will until closer to August. 

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Stoudt is a reliever whose pitches play better in short spurts. Which is why he was good for 2 innings today. I’m starting to think the same thing for Ashcraft as well. The starting pitching is the problem. Although I think another lefty is needed in the pen I think they’ve got bullpen options internally that can help. As for the rotation that needs to get figured out and unfortunately I’m not sure it will until closer to August. 

Reds will have some hard decisions the next of years. Most of their top players are all infielders and most of their top prospects as well. Steer and Senzel are playing some outfield but they look uncomfortable playing out there. What to do when Encarscion-Strand and Marye are ready to come to the majors.

India 

McClain

De La Cruz 

Steer 

Encarscion-Strand

Marte 

Senzel

I don't know if Benson will develop into an every day starting outfielder. Fraley is 8th in the NL on RBI and has been very good. To me Freidl should be the starting CF going forward. He is batting .315 and leads the league in hunt hits.

If some of the starting pitchers can get healthy it would help but I see a need for two new starters 

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds will have some hard decisions the next of years. Most of their top players are all infielders and most of their top prospects as well. Steer and Senzel are playing some outfield but they look uncomfortable playing out there. What to do when Encarscion-Strand and Marye are ready to come to the majors.

India 

McClain

De La Cruz 

Steer 

Encarscion-Strand

Marte 

Senzel

I don't know if Benson will develop into an every day starting outfielder. Fraley is 8th in the NL on RBI and has been very good. To me Freidl should be the starting CF going forward. He is batting .315 and leads the league in hunt hits.

If some of the starting pitchers can get healthy it would help but I see a need for two new starters 

I honestly don’t care if guys look comfortable in the outfield or not. They’ll get better as they play it more. I also don’t think Senzel is a long term piece. India is the guy that I’m not sure about. CES will likely be the first baseman. Ideally it looks something like this 

1st CES 

2nd McClain

SS ECLC

3rd Marte

OF Friedl, Benson, Fraley, Steer, and another right handed bat would be the OF 

DH India 

C Stephenson

The infielders, Steer, and India can all move around depending on off days or injuries which helps to keep bats in the lineup. They can make it work. 

22 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I honestly don’t care if guys look comfortable in the outfield or not. They’ll get better as they play it more. I also don’t think Senzel is a long term piece. India is the guy that I’m not sure about. CES will likely be the first baseman. Ideally it looks something like this 

1st CES 

2nd McClain

SS ECLC

3rd Marte

OF Friedl, Benson, Fraley, Steer, and another right handed bat would be the OF 

DH India 

C Stephenson

The infielders, Steer, and India can all move around depending on off days or injuries which helps to keep bats in the lineup. They can make it work. 

To me Steer is a everyday player .275-11hr, 42 rbi

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

To me Steer is a everyday player .275-11hr, 42 rbi

Steer has been better than "looked uncomfortable", imo, no errors and a couple of solid plays. He isn't a plus anywhere defensively, but I think he's fine. 

It's crazy the amount of ways the Reds could go. 

But... any lineup including Friedl, CES, Steer, EDLC, McClain, and Marte seems more than formidable. 

Figure the rest out later.  

@DC2345 has mentioned what the lineup would look like if you're holding onto guys like India/Stephenson.... and could for sure go that way... another route I wouldn't mind later on, if the 6 I mention turn into what they're capable of, is an elite defensive CF, bat 9th kind of guy.

Friedl 

McClain 

CES 

EDLC 

Steer 

Marte 

Fraley 

Stephenson  

CF 

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

Steer has been better than "looked uncomfortable", imo, no errors and a couple of solid plays. He isn't a plus anywhere defensively, but I think he's fine. 

It's crazy the amount of ways the Reds could go. 

But... any lineup including Friedl, CES, Steer, EDLC, McClain, and Marte seems more than formidable. 

Figure the rest out later.  

@DC2345 has mentioned what the lineup would look like if you're holding onto guys like India/Stephenson.... and could for sure go that way... another route I wouldn't mind later on, if the 6 I mention turn into what they're capable of, is an elite defensive CF, bat 9th kind of guy.

Friedl 

McClain 

CES 

EDLC 

Steer 

Marte 

Fraley 

Stephenson  

CF 

Freidl is the CF