Bracketology 2021-2022

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Lunardi tweeted a new bubble picture.  Only moved us up 2 spots.  Still has us in the Last 4 in.  

I don’t know why ESPN uses him. His record has always been one of the worst. 

I say win again tomorrow and Sun to remove any doubt! I just hope we don’t play ourselves into a 9 seed! Anything but 8 or 9.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I don’t know why ESPN uses him. His record has always been one of the worst. 

I say win again tomorrow and Sun to remove any doubt! I just hope we don’t play ourselves into a 9 seed! Anything but 8 or 9.

Yeah.  I'm not going to turn down a BTT title, but if that makes us a 9 seed, that's a bad outcome.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This is Lunardi AFTER we won.  He says we cemented our place in the tourney, but still has us in the Last Four.  

image.png.8264960c56b2bf26dac24d6ec56a713f.png

When it all shakes out, I think we'll be ahead of UM and Rutgers in tournament seeding.  UM doesn't have enough wins, and Rutgers has those bad losses dragging them down.  I think they both still have a good shot of getting in, but there's no rationale for seeding them ahead of us now.

I think we also end up ahead of Notre Dame as well.  I don't see Xavier or Wake getting in, and I think A&M is in as well.

• Like 1

We should be in but let's win one more and leave no doubt.   Every year the Ncaa screws some team.

Still lots of bubble teams playing so we still need to cross our fingers they don't win their tournaments.

Miami, Vtech, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, SMU, VCU and Wyoming all are alive.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

We should be in but let's win one more and leave no doubt.   Every year the Ncaa screws some team.

Still lots of bubble teams playing so we still need to cross our fingers they don't win their tournaments.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Good news is that Miami and Va Tech are in same conference. 

Not sure who A&M plays tomorrow, but they wont beat UK on Sunday.   

Wyoming is already considered in, so that does not take a spot.

VCU or SMU would take out Rutgers before us.

Unless we lose by 25 to Iowa and all those teams get in,  I dont see us getting left out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

That was the mantra for today.

We're in; we are just playing for seeding now.

I hope the committee looks at our record when fully healthy with Galloway and RP in the lineup (10-2).  Also look at our last 3 losses which was in OT to OSU, 3 point loss on a lady second 3 to Rutgers and a 2 point loss at PU.  It shows we are competing even in our losses.  We now have 6 wins away from home.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope the committee looks at our record when fully healthy with Galloway and RP in the lineup (10-2).  Also look at our last 3 losses which was in OT to OSU, 3 point loss on a lady second 3 to Rutgers and a 2 point loss at PU.  It shows we are competing even in our losses.  We now have 6 wins away from home.

So, is that an auto-correct, or does Scott have a 'lady' on his mind?

• Haha 3

Guys. IU is in. We've played ourselves from borderline/out to 11 seed. Lunardi is a hack. Has routinely been outside the top 50 for years in their rankings. 

I've moved on hoping we get in to now hoping we get the 11 seed vs a weak 6 followed by a weak 3 seed and hope the 7 seed can knock off the 2 seed like last year a few times. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Guys. IU is in. We've played ourselves from borderline/out to 11 seed. Lunardi is a hack. Has routinely been outside the top 50 for years in their rankings. 

I've moved on hoping we get in to now hoping we get the 11 seed vs a weak 6 followed by a weak 3 seed and hope the 7 seed can knock off the 2 seed like last year a few times. 

11 is okay I guess.  We would have been a 1 seed in the NIT though.  :coffee:

• Like 1